La Cosa Nostra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN

5 posters

Go down

Should we adopt these rules? (Read and comment before voting).

(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN I_vote_lcap100%(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN I_vote_lcap0%(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN I_vote_lcap0%(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN Empty (Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN

Post  Richard Shru Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:11 pm

Feel free to comment on anything that might possibly improve this in your opinion. Also, be sure to make a post saying that you voted, though what you voted for isn't necessary. Rank 5's are the only ones permitted to vote, anyone can comment on the rules.

1. Members of La Cosa Nostra must remain in character when either another member or someone outside the family attempt to roleplay.

2. Unless being fired upon, weapons must be drawn using a /me, and anything bigger than a pistol weapon (i.e. M4, Spas, AK47, Sniper, and Rifle) have to be reaonably concealed and withdrawn from said hiding area. For example, an M4 or AK could fit inside the coat of a person if they are long enough, but you must specific ICly that you're wearing a coat when you see someone (/me is wearing a long trench coat).

3. When Sniping, even if no one else is there, all aspects of it should be rped. Gunning and running are not advisable for two reasons:

a) Almost all cases of snipers involve accusations of DMing, so as such if an admin sees you firing with no /me's, then they will likely prison you. Several things you can do are set up the gun, load in several rounds, lock in a round, take a breath, etc.

b) LCN members are encouraged to roleplay at all times, and since this is rping sniping another person, and affects them directly, it is non-rp for you not to do so.

Always take an SS of your pre-shooting /me's before firing to show that you rped the incident, just in case

4. Drive by's must be RPed in much the same way as sniping incidents, the only exception being that you must have a singular target picked out before undertaking the drive-by. Don't simply KoS members of a gang or anything of that nature, but pick a person, drive by the area slowly, and fire on him. If there are others nearby, its not out of the question for there to be 'collateral damage', but the main purpose is to ensure you have a specific target in mind for an attack.

5. Don't do points, or go to points with another gang.

6. Sufficent evidence of non-rp acts will merit a kick from the gang by any rank 5. DMing, hacking, metagaming repeatedly, or non-rp acts all fall under this category. Any kick from a rank 5 can be appealed to the rank 6 however.

7. Ranks can be awarded by any rank five without consulting the rank six, but must they must be roleplayed and have a proper ceremony.

8. Anyone invited into the gang must be thoroughly tested by a rank 5. After initiated into the gang, he must choose one of businesses we run and speak with the Capodecini of that business to start working and roleplaying a member of the family fully.

9. Carjacking must be fully roleplayed. Pressing F or Enter to throw someone out of a car is annoying and unbecoming of a person. If you're going to steal a car, roleplay it out. For example, take out your weapon, and shout for them to stop. If they don't, shoot out a tire, or the window.

10. If someone stops shooting in the middle of combat, stop shooting immediately, or if you're going to fire, don't directly hit them. Also, RP using cover. No one is Rambo here.

Last edited by Richard Shru on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Richard Shru
Admin

Back to top Go down

(Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN Empty Re: (Proposed) OOC Rules for LCN

Post  Maria_Escobar Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:30 pm

I agree to all these rules, but, um, what would carjacking a fellow members car without an actual RP reason fall under? 8o
Maria_Escobar
Maria_Escobar
Admin

https://lacosa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Shru Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 pm

That just reminded me about carjacking...I'll revise it for that right now.

I think it would fall under general non-rp if they just /enter though.

Richard Shru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica Street Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:47 pm

I've no problems at all following this rules.

But such as autohotkey - to increase the RP I would advice you to not use that - Since if you actually have to write all those /me's.. yeah you take yourself more time, and will probably RP it to the fullest.

Jessica Street

Back to top Go down

Post  Yon_John Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Rule number 9 is a bit too much
90% will ust run you over and run away and you'll end up never getting a car

I agree to ruele 2, but my character doesn't wear any clothes so i can't really handle anthing other than a pistol..
I usually say i hid a gun in my bra but now that's kind of not RP

Yon_John

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristian_Suazo Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:14 pm

Actually... That's RP. Very Happy
A female assasin can hide a knife in her panties or something. Razz
Cristian_Suazo
Cristian_Suazo

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Shru Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:03 am

Hmm...how would you propose hyjacking a car from someone then? I mean, granted, most people will just speed off, but the alternative is you jack them, and now you look like a noob.

Richard Shru
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down