La Cosa Nostra
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A short story I wrote.

Go down

A short story I wrote. Empty A short story I wrote.

Post  Maria_Escobar Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Here is a shot story I wrote, might not be that good, but I like it.

~The Damned Halloween~

A small group of kids were walking along the sidewalk, chatting to eachother. One was dressed as a werewolf, another, a mummy, and the last two, a boy and girl, were dressed up as a dead prom king and queen. "Well this is boring..." the werwolf said, "I wish the party wasn't cancled..." "Yeah, but I'm sure we can find something else to do, Max." the mummy replied. "Oh, how about we check out that old warehouse down by the pier? The one with all the keep out signs and no windows?" the girl dressed as a dead prom queen asked. "Sure, Jess. What do you two think?" the boy dressed as a dead prom king asked. "Uh, I don't know Luke...what about you Joann?" Max asked, looking a bit worried. "Hm, well at least we don't have to go home." Joann replied. "Ok, I'll come..." Max said. "Good, then to the pier it is!" Luke exclaimed, Jess smiling at him as they started walking towards the pier.

~At the pier~

"Look, there it is!" Jess giggled happily at how scary looking the place was. The warehouse had paint chipping off of the outside, no windows and only a door in the front with signs all around the building saying, "Keep out! Danger!" "Y-You sure we can't find something else to do?" Max asked, sweating a little bit. "For a werewolf you sure are a scardy cat." Jess remarked as she continued walking up to the building. "But didn't you hear the stories of this place?" Max asked. "No, what stories?" Jess asked, stopping and looking back at him. "My dad told me that they built it to contain a monster, that would slowly feast upon your flesh..." Max replied, slowly following Jess and Luke, Joann behind him. "Oh, please. Like anything our parents tell us that's scary is true." Jess scoffed, walking up to the door with Luke by her side, "Now let's check this place out." Jess reached for the door handle, but when she grasped it something cut her hand. "Ow! What the hell?!" Jess yelled, holding her hand. "You ok baby?" Luke asked, looking at her hand as he pulled a cloth out of his pocket. "I don't think so..." Jess whinned, opening her hand a revealing a gash across her palm. "Here, let me see." Luke said, wrapping the cloth around her hand gently. "Thanks..." Jess said, holding onto the cloth so it wouldn't fall off. "Let me open it." Luke said, grabbing the handle, but nothing cut his hand, he even noticed the handle had no trace of blood on it, "That's weird..." "What?" Max asked. "I don't feel anything sharp, or any blood..." Luke replied, opening the door. "Leave it to Jess to cut herself on something smooth." Joann said sarcastically. "Shut up!" Jess said, shooting a look back at her. "Calm down you two, let's get inside before anyone sees us." Luke said, walking inside. "Ok, baby." Jess said sweetly, following him inside, Max and Joann behind her. Luke saw a light switch and turned it on, half the building came to life with flickering lights. "There, now we can see." Luke said, closing the door. "Wonder why that half of the building doesn't light up..." Max said, looking up at the lights. "Probably old wiring." Luke replied. "I don't think so..." Max said, pointing at the light, showing that some of the lights that were half way in the dark side were also partly off. "Ok...that is weird..." Luke said, admiring the lights. "Luke, come over here." Jess said, walking over to the darkness. "Stop! Wait for me." Luke said, quickly going over to her, "What is it?" "There, straight ahead." Jess replied, pointing at what looked like a throne. "What the hell...?" Luke said, squinting his eyes, trying to see it better. "Here, I have a flash light." Max sad, walking over and handing it to Luke. "You're such a geek sometimes Max..." Joann said. Luke turned on the light and shone it at the throne, leading the beam up the stairs and into the seat, revealing a man sitting in it. "Oh, shit!!" Luke yelled as they all jumped from the sight of the man. "Why isn't he moving?" Max whisperd. "Maybe he isn't real, maybe one of those big dolls..." Jess replied. "Or he is dead..." Joann said, hiding behind Max. "Stay here..." Luke whisperd, tip toeing to the man. "Be careful..." Jess whisperd. Luke nodded back at them and continued walking towards the man, finally reaching him. "Uh, sir?" Luke asked, tilting the man's head back, "Oh, man..." Luke looked back at the others. "He IS dead..." Luke said, tilting the man's head completly back and showing almost completly rotted flesh on a white skull. "Luke, put his head down!" Jess commanded, covering her mouth. "Sorry." Luke replied, doing what she said, "I'm coming back over." Luke walked back over to the others, but when he got half way, they all heard a woman's giggle. "Who was that?" Max said, looking around, then noticed something dripping from the walkways above them, "Up there..." Everyone listened to Max and looked up, seeing a woman in what looked like a bloody night gown, long, black hair draped over her face with white pale skin. "Sorry for tresspassing, we are going now." Jess said, and was about to start walking, but stopped when the woman giggled again. "Twinkle, twinkle little star...how I wonder what you are...up above the world so high...like a diamond in the sky...when the blazing sun is gone...when the nothing shines upon..." the woman sung in a ghostly and hypnotizing voice, the kids couldn't hear anything, but the woman's singing, not even their own breathing, "...then you show your little light...twinkle, twinkle all the night...then the traveler in the dark...thanks you for your little spark...he could not see which way to go..." Luke could just barely hear the moving of chains and turned around, noticing the dead man was starting to shake, slowly getting up. Luke opened his mouth to yell, but nothing came out. "...If you did not twinkle so..." the woman continued singing, like her voice was bringing the man to life, "...when the nothing shines upon...though I know not what you are...twinkle, twinkle little star..." Finally the woman's song was finished and Luke let out a scream, the others turning around to see the dead man walking towards them. "Holy shit! Run!" Jess screamed, grabbing Luke's hand and running to the door, Max and Joann behind them. "Open!" Luke shouted, shaking the door handle. "Look!" Max said, pointing at the woman. "Wha-..?" Luke paused when he saw that it was real blood dripping from the lady and the blood was crawling towards the dead man. "We have to get out of here!" Joann screamed, grabbing the door handle and shaking it hard. "Wait, he can't go any farther!" Luke exclaimed happily, pointing at the dead man, who was reaching out to the woman, had two chains protruding from his back, connected to the wall. "Well, let's not stay here either way!" Max replied, helping Joann. Suddenly the handle gave way and the door opened. "Go!" Max yelled as all of them ran out.

~A block away from the warehouse~

"We...are safe..." Jess panted, hunched over. "Did anyone...close the door?" Max asked, also panting. "N-No..." Joann said, looking at Max with a scared look on her face. "I'm afraid to say this...b-but we have to go back and close that d-door..." Max replied. "That thing is chained up, he ain't getting out." Luke said. "Yes, but what about the woman? she doesn't look like she moves fast, so if we run back we can lock the door." Max said, standing up straight. "Fine...but let's be quick." Luke said, still holding the flash light. "You girls coming?" Luke asked. "Yes, but we are gonna walk." Joann replied. Jess nodding in agreement. "Ok, but walk fast." Max said as he and Luke ran off. "Ok!" Joann yelled to them as the two started following.

~Back at the warehouse~

"The door...Its been ripped off the hinges..." Max said, looking at the door in pieces on the ground. "L-Let's go in..." Luke said, turning on the flash light and slowly walking inside, pointing the flashlight at where the woman was sitting, but she wasn't there, "She's gone..." Luke shined the light at where the dead man was, but he wasn't there either, nothing but the chains from his back and some pieces of ribs that looked torn out, connected to them. "Did he...rip the chains...out...?" Max asked, staring in terror. "Yes..." Luke replied. "I thought you two were gonna lock the door?" Jess said, grabbing them both by the shoulder. Both of the boys screamed in terror. "Oh, shut up..." Jess said. "Don't scare us like that!" Luke exclaimed. "We were, but the door is in pieces on the ground outside..." Max replied, trying to catch his breath. "So that's what that was..." Joann said. "Yeah...we gotta get out of here..." Luke said as the four of them started to leave, but then heard the woman's giggle again. "Oh, shit..." Jess whisperd. "If you want to stop Rock the Flesheater, you have to stop him from eating..." the woman echoed, giggling. "Eating...?" Max said, looking around, not seeing the woman. "L-Let's get out of here..." Jess said, pulling Luke, Max grabbed Joann and they all ran out. "We need to find him!" Luke said, looking around. "But how? He will end up eating us!" Max replied. "The police! They can kill him!" Jess said frantically. "No, he is already dead!" Luke said, spotting the dead man in the distance, "There, he didn't get to far!" Luke started runnign towards the huge zombie, but stopped when it looked back at him with a burning red eye. "Shit...we gotta get him to chase me..." Luke said as he picked up a rock and tossed it at the monster, hitting it in the back. It turned around and let out a horrifying roar that would chill you straight to the bone, then started walking towards him. "Luke!? What the fuck are you doing?!" Jess asked. "Just run!" Luke yelled running past them. "Ok!" Max said, grabbing both the girls and running. "If we can run until dawn we will kill it!" Luke yelled back to them as the monster started slowly running after them. "Ok, go to the Cemetary!" Max yelled. "The Cemetary?" Joann asked as she ran with them. "Yes, there are tons of places to hide and no ones goes there during Halloween!" Max yelled. "Ok, follow me!" Luke yelled as he started running in the direction of the Cemetary.

~At the Cemetary~

"Ok, let's find a good spot to hide." Luke said, looking back for the monster, spotting him in the distance. "I know the perfect spot!" Max said, running to an old tomb. "Ok." Luke replied, following close behind with Joann and Jess on his tail. "Go in." Luke said, pulling open the door enough for the girl and Max to get in. Once in Max pushed against the door so Luke could slide in. "Ok, now everyone quiet until morning." Luke said, looking out a hole in the door, seeing the zombie enter the cemetary. "Shhh..." Luke said, looking back at them, then back out the hole. The zombie was standing at the entrence, looking around, the started to walk further into the cemetary. "Don't find us...Please don't find us..." Luke thought to himself. The zombie looked at the tomb and started walking towards it. "Shit!" Luke thought to himself. Suddenly a noise came from somewhere else, the sound of a branch breaking off a tree from the wind. The zombie quickly turned his attention away from the tomb and towards the tree, walking towards it. "Oh, thank god..." Luke thought to himself, letting out a sigh. The zombie slightly heard the sigh, looking back at the tomb. "No! Damn it, damn it, damn it!!" Luke continued thinking to himself, "Please, turn away!" The zombie continued walking towards the tomb, not looking away. "We're toast!" Luke whisperd. Suddenly the woman appeared infront of the zombie. "We will soon be together my love..." the ghostly woman said. The zombie tried to put his hand on her cheek, but it passed through it. "She's a ghost..." Luke thought to himself as he continued watching. The woman disappeared, the zombie looking around, then let out a sorrowful roar. "They were lovers..." Luke whisperd. The zombie heard Luke, then started walking towards the tomb. "Damn me and my big mouth!!" he thought to himself, "Against the wall..." Luke and the other pushed themselves against the back of the wall, when suddenly the zombies arm punched through the concrete door, reaching around for them. The girls screamed as Max grabbed one of the dead bodies that were next to them and ripped off the arm and started beating the zombie's arm with it. "Just a little more!" Luke said, doing the same thing as Max. The zombie pulled his arm out. "What the...?" Luke said, kneeling down so he could get a level view through the hole, "Sunlight!" Luke could see the zombie stumbling away, smoking as the light touched him. "He is dying!" Luke yelled, pushing the door open and walking outside, Max and the girls following him. Suddenly the zombie burst into flames and in minutes reduced to ashes. "Finally, it's over..." Jess said, leaning up against Luke. "You were so brave." Joann said, hugging Max and kissing his cheek. "Uh, thank you..." Max replied, turning a little red. "My love, we are finally together..." the woman's voice echoed as a strong wind came and blew the ashes away. "Now they can be together." Luke smiled, holding Jess. "Yeah, let's go home." Max replied as the four walked out of the cemetary. Once the four were out of sight from the cemetary a hand shot through the ground where the ashes had been, and the laugh of the woman echoed throughout the cemetary.

~The End~
Maria_Escobar
Maria_Escobar
Admin

https://lacosa.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down